Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blazer, the Little Horse that Could! « Straight from the Horse's Heart

Blazer, the Little Horse that Could! « Straight from the Horse's Heart

As funny as this may sound one of the most significant influences in my life was not a person, a book or even a song; it was my horse Blazer. I was given Blazer as a birthday gift when I was 10 years old and from that day on my life was never the same. I spent all my time with Blazer. He taught me commitment, responsibility, and how to love something unconditionally and for him he expected nothing in return but maybe a treat every now and then. Through Blazer, I grew as a person. I trained him from the ground up and made him into something that no one else ever thought he could be. Blazer was 14.2 hands, which is about 4'6 in feet.

No comments: