Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wild Horses and Burros: Plaintiffs for the Day « Straight from the Horse's Heart

Wild Horses and Burros: Plaintiffs for the Day « Straight from the Horse's Heart

As the sun slowly peeks it’s glowing orb above the mountains and hills that surround Reno, Nevada it may just appear to be another day for most, but well out beyond those hills the few remaining wild horses and burros are going to be, virtually, crowded into a courtroom, today.

It’s January 27th 2012, a brisk and invigorating Thursday morning in northern Nevada, or at least I think it is morning. I blasted into town well after midnight by my Houston biological clock but a quick call to Laura Leigh reminded me that the evening was still young, by local time, and she still had a lot of work to do. Could I help her with that work, nope, just go to the hotel and get some rest in preparation for tomorrow, which is now today, and we would pool resources in the morning. So here I am, once again with my mind exclusively on the horses and burros while sitting alone in a hotel room, wondering what we will be feeling twelve hours from now and what the future will look like for our four legged plaintiffs. Perhaps, after drinking a pot of coffee, the most obvious statements that swirl around behind my forehead can be broken down into just two statements, the first is:

No comments: