Saturday, May 19, 2012

Noted Wild Horse Photographer Exposes BLM Grazing Threat at Sand Wash Basin « Straight from the Horse's Heart

Noted Wild Horse Photographer Exposes BLM Grazing Threat at Sand Wash Basin « Straight from the Horse's Heart

In the last month, I have visited and photographed the horses of Sand Wash Basin on two trips.  I had the wonderful experience of having Nancy Roberts go with me on one day on each trip, and she is the advocate who has spent the most time out in the herd area with the horses, observing and photographing and keeping track of them, so she had some wonderful stories to share with me about the horses.
Unfortunately I saw sheep, hundreds of them, on the eastern part of the horse range, and even got to watch as the herders had to use a horse (a mustang) to tow out sheep that had gotten stuck in the mud at a waterhole.

No comments: